Wednesday, March 18, 2015

Me & You!


Hello Internet! Thanks for coming to the ‘start’ of my Adventures in Game Development!


Hi Pat! It’s good to be here...I think! Unless...it's not good to be here, because of ghouls or spiders or something. Are there ghouls?

No. That's a weird question.

Wait, is this a scam? Are you trying to get a kidney or something? Do I need my credit card?


Just stop. I'll tell you what's happening. My goal for this space is to explore all areas of game development, but with a focus on gameplay animation because that’s what I do. My name is Pat Gillette and I’m the lead gameplay animator at 343 Industries. I spend my days animating Spartans, Covenant, Prometheans, etc. for Microsoft on the Halo series. If you want to know more about my work history you can check out my   If you want to sell a kidney or hunt ghouls go somewhere else. 

Nah, I'm good. Let's keep talking about the other thing. Like what is a gameplay animator?

That’s a complicated question Internet but I’ll do my best to break it down for you since you seem like good people.  I believe a gameplay animator should be made up of three elements; Zirco­nium, Unobtanium and Vibranium...wait no... that's not it. Animator, Designer, and Player. Yep. That sounds right to me now. But Pat you say, what do you mean by that nonsense? 

I didn't say that. 

I'm pretty sure you did but no matter, I'll still break each element down for you if you promise to come back.

Ok. Yay! Learning!



Huzzah to that internet! Huzzah!


FIN


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey Internet! Please do your best impression of a reasonable, kind and compassionate person. Thanks for commenting!